This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
The Assistant Professor is responsible for teaching courses for Chamberlain College of Nursing. This position provides the educational focus of teaching (classroom, clinical and other learning environments) as well as committee work in the nursing programs. Service to the College, community, health system, profession and scholarly activities are integral aspects of this position.
- Responsible for program outcomes by implementing the College's philosophy, curriculum and course objectives through classroom, online, clinical teaching, and service to College, community, health system and profession.
- Develops curricular/teaching innovations in the annual preparation and revision of all assigned course(s).
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching loads.
- Contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of the programs and the philosophy of the College.
- Selects clinical agencies appropriate for student clinical experiences and that meet clinical course outcomes.
- Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct (or indirect via preceptor) supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals.
- In cooperation with clinical agencies, identifies clinical preceptors for student clinical experiences and coordinates and evaluates those preceptors.
- Evaluates and provides documented feedback to students on level of performance based on course objectives.
- Assists with remediation of students as required or requested.
- Maintains up-to-date information about agency/clinical policies.
- Develops and posts written clinical assignments consistent with student's knowledge base, skill competency and individual learning needs.
- Serves as a positive professional role model for students, assisting in their professional/social development.
- Provides opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of curriculum and teaching and program effectiveness
- Contributes to the development and evaluation of student admission, progression, retention and graduation policies of the College.
- Serves as role model for other faculty and staff in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence and general professionalism.
- Provides recommendations to the program coordinator regarding budget needs for the college.
- Demonstrates scholarship through attendance at professional meetings and by reading professional publications.
- A faculty member at the rank of Assistant Professor begins to assume leadership within the College by accepting or initiating, as part of the workload, responsibility for activities such as:
Documents actions taken in faculty and committee meetings as appropriateHandles other duties as assigned
- Chairing and/or serving on College committees
- Chairing groups that contribute to preparation for accreditation visits
- Gathering and analyzing data related to College Assessment Program
- Mentoring new faculty members
- Developing leadership skills through formal course work or continuing education
- Participating in activities outside the College
- Serving as course coordinator or Subject Matter Expert (SME)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Masters degree in Nursing required
- Doctorate degree preferred
- Professional nurse licensure required
- Demonstrated clinical competence as evidenced by at least 2 years experience working in a clinical setting within the past 5 years required
- Must meet all compliance requirements as specified in the Faculty Handbook regarding (but not limited to) CPR certification, immunizations, etc.
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience required with at least one year in the position of Instructor
- Excellent communication skills along with a high level of initiative and prudent judgment
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.