This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Management, Transportation
Job DescriptionPanera Bread is looking for a Transportation Manager to manage their team of delivery drivers in Miramar, FL. We are really looking for an experienced manager who has:
NO JERKS! Is the culture of where you are working strong enough to make that claim? It is at Panera! Panera's culture emphasizes strong relationships and the importance of taking care of our customers - those who enjoy our fresh bread and quality food at a local bakery-café and our associates who work to make that experience possible. Our culture helps explain why our rapidly growing company is one of the hottest restaurant concepts in the country today.
- Successfully led and inspired a team of route delivery drivers.
- Met or exceeded budgetary goals and expectations
- Consistently delivered high quality service to customers
- Knowledge of operating and complying with DOT guidelines
- Positive Communication skills
- Flexible and Adaptable to a wide variety of situations
- Effectively held associates and staff accountable for delivery and facility success
- Worked in a fast paced environment
- Strong Organization and computer skills
- Expedited the daily dispatch of comapny route drivers and ensured the scheduled departure times are met.
- Provided guidance and mentoring to drivers to ensure compliance with DOT regulations, safety criteria and a positive work environment.
- Managed the coordination of truck repairs, including the transporting of trucks to and from service vendors, to expedite the repair process and maximize equipment " up time" and minimize driver "down time"
- Completed all required reports and documents on a daily basis as needed.
- Handle customer service issues and provide resolutions.
- HANDS ON - WORKING knowledge of current DOT laws
- 3- 5 years in a direct Managment role mentoring and coaching drivers.
- Experience with routing and driver scheduling in a daily food delivery process
- Class A CDL license would be greatly beneficial
- Basic computer skills in a windows environment
- Exceptional organizations skills
- Ability to deliver positive customer service
- Must maintain that all 'rolling bakery' cabinets are in "good and safe" working conditions
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays
So if you're tired of working for a company that doesn't care, come see what we call "Panera warmth" and a culture strong enough to proclaim: "No Jerks!" Please send us your resume and salary requirements for prompt review.