This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
SR R/D Engineer- EE ( LAke Mary , FLorida)
*relocation assistance is available
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Development engineer responsible for design, development and testing of medium voltage products. Individual must be able to support the design and testing of new products for medium voltage applications and to complete tasks on a timely basis with minimal oversight. Must be able to map information on needed product features and functionality, develop corresponding test plans and execute the tests as per applicable industry standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the design and lead the testing of medium voltage electrical products starting from marketing specifications.
- Create technical requirement specifications based upon market specifications.
- Provide the checking function on electrical drawing releases.
- Assist in developing test programs required for final product testing in accordance to industry standards.
- Maintain documentation and specifications for existing products.
- Ensure quality and reliability of the developed products.
- Aid in the resolution of production problems arising from design issues.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities without impairing quality.
- Assist supply management in supplier qualification and selection for designs.
- Interface with suppliers and answer technical queries.
- Provide input for new product ideas and roadmaps.
- Establish project plans and requirements for projects you are assigned.
- Ensure delivery of all project deliverables on time and on budget
- Monitor and report progress on a periodic basis
- Must be able to coordinate effort with a global design team.
- 5-7 years experience in power equipment design and testing.
- Must have working knowledge of applicable standards (ANSI/IEEE/NEMA/IEC) and certifications (UL/CSA).
- Strong ability to work within and outside of the department to create consensus and acceptance of design focus.
- Ability to properly document product releases to provide a convenient method for the customer to utilize the device and provide assistance in troubleshooting of devices.
- Knowledge iof 3D mechanical design tools desired.
- Must be assertive and efficient with a self-motivated work ethic.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills required.
- Domestic and International travel required.
Safety & Environment
Maintain high standards for safety and housekeeping and assure compliance with all environmental regulations
Must have B.S Electrical Engineering, or equivalent. M.S. preferred.