This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Colgate-Palmolive Company invites applications for the position of Oral Care Consultant in our Delaware territory.
The Oral Care Consultant is the Colgate-Palmolive face to the Dental Profession throughout an assigned geographic territory. The position is responsible for detailing and selling direct and through a 3rd party distributor sales force. The consultant is responsible for all areas of the Colgate-Palmolive professional business to include driving professional recommendations (Brand Recommended Most Often/Brand Used Most Often), market shares, territory sales results, account penetration, financial return and professional relations.
The Oral Care Consultant is the expert presence to the dental profession driving relationships and account penetration through: regular visits with dental offices, detailing the science behind the Colgate product line, attending key dental conventions, networking with professional associations and driving sales and market penetration through management of the 3rd party/distribution community. Professional Recommendations (Brand Recommended Most Often/Brand Used Most Often) are made at the Dentist/Hygienist level and are driven by detailing the science behind the products; the Consultant's expertise is utilized to influence these key decision makers to drive recommendations on the company's flagship brand, Colgate Total, and our Toothbrush line. Roles & Responsibilities
- Key interface with the Dental Profession, number one priority is to drive Professional Recommendation and Usage of Colgate Total and Colgate Toothbrushes.
- Serve as primary resource for in-depth product knowledge to include Colgate Total to accounts and 3rd party FSCs by articulating the science/clinical efficacy and features/benefits of the complete Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals product line.
- Execute territory plan based on company assigned account segmentation, driving recommendations and sales results within existing and new accounts.
- Full ownership and understanding of territory sales numbers to include submission of monthly estimates.
- Build and maintain successful working relationship through effective communication with both internal and external customers to include Call Center, Marketing, HSD, and the Dental Professionals.
- Capitalize on networking opportunities to drive recommendations and sales to include participation in dental conventions, local dental/hygiene associations & study clubs and dental/hygiene schools.
- Utilize CRM system on a daily basis to document call activities, marketing attributes and surveys.
- Effective management of product samples to include compliance with monthly inventory of prescription products (PDMA - Prescription Drug Management Act).
- Full management of all third party Field Sales Consultants (FSCs) within their designated sales territories.
- Increasing account penetration, sales and contracts by increasing joint Colgate-HSD accounts through the day to day management by HSD.
- Work with FSCs to develop target lists and on lead generation and conduct regularly scheduled work-with dates throughout each sales quarter. These work-with dates will provide a key up-sell opportunity in existing HSD accounts.
- Maximize call activity level and reach by utilizing 3rd party relationships.
- Participate in 3rd party sales meetings to strengthen relationships with FSCs and communicate new products, strategies, and sales results.
- Bachelor's degree is required or Associates Degree in dental hygiene or dental assisting with 2 + years in practice
- 2-3 years required experience in selling/detailing
- Some experience must be in professional, dental or medical clinical detailing
- A valid driver's license is required
- Experience managing 3rd party distributor relationship is desirable
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Proficiency with MS Office