This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Customer Service, Information Technology, Telecommunications
Responsible for contributing in one or more areas of expertise in collaboration with various cross-functional project teams. Exercises solid knowledge of engineering skills and methodology. Applies long-term objectives and plans related to the company's technical vision to daily activity. Applies innovative solutions for engineering developmental problems that are competitive with industry and company standards with little direction. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge. Supports customers that may have multiple products that encompass a variety of technologies across different Comcast infrastructure. The Engineer II will respond to as well as proactively engage the customer, customer technical support, local market monitoring entities and various internal and external fix agents when necessary. The target is to always provide the fastest, most accurate and efficient resolution to any supported customer problem and raising the bar for Comcast customer support.
• Creates system architecture, design, and specification within
engineering projects and initiatives. Uses solid engineering skills and
knowledge to solve moderate to difficult development problems and
achieve engineering goals.
• Strives to achieve Company business objectives and engineering
objectives in daily activity. Adheres to established company procedures
• Documents results of applied work processes and practical application
of technical standards. Reports results to management.
• Works with limited supervision. Familiarizes self with company goals
and strategies in order to achieve short-term goals with resolution.
• Strives to achieve personal goals and those set forth by management.
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Tier II Technical Support, troubleshooting and resolving complex network issues for the following (includes but is not limited to the below products and services):
• Metro Ethernet Services:
• EDI: Ethernet Dedicated Internet
• ENS: Ethernet Network Service (multipoint to multipoint)
• EPL: Ethernet Private Line (point to point)
• EVPL: Ethernet Virtual Private Line (point to multipoint)
• Multi PRI over Metro E
• Ethernet over HFC
• Type II
• PRI Trunking Services:
• Single PRI (Full and Fractional T-1)
• Multi PRI (Over Docsis or Fiber)
• Mixed (SMB customers that also have one or more Enterprise products/services)
• BCI: Business Class Internet
• BCV: Business Class Voice
• BCTV: Business Class Television
• Works Enterprise customer issues as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC), being sure to document all actions taken, escalations, customer interaction and resolution in the appropriate trouble ticket. Adhering to required customer SLA's and MTTR's
• Continues to train and educate oneself proactively for all devices and technologies that ETS currently supports using available training via the Comcast Learning Portal
• Utilizes strong technical verbal and written skills to disseminate information to Tier 1 support groups, Comcast Enterprise Customers, and to work groups internal and external to Comcast
• Provides national subject matter expertise for all Enterprise products and equipment to various internal and external teams including Comcast customer sales personnel
• Utilizes a Lab environment to mock up customer problem scenarios to obtain a better understanding of reported issues when necessary
• Assists in new product development and testing
• Perform Layer 2/3 trouble-shooting through Ethernet switch network elements
• Perform voice Trunk PRI trouble-shooting through HFC and Fiber network elements
• Partners with the Voice and Metro E Tier III operations teams to resolve complex service issues
• Completes projects as assigned by the Tier II supervisors/managers
• Will assist with incoming calls when call volume peaks
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
• Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
• Engineering, Computer Science
• Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
• Bachelors degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience working in/on telephony networks
• 3 years working in an operations center environment
• 3 or more years of experience in High Speed Data, Voice, IP and Data Networking.
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.