This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Insurance, Business Opportunity, Sales
An Agent in Training (AIT) will work for American Family Insurance as a temporary employee. The position is designed to give "on the job training" in preparation for operating an American Family agency. Working under the direction of an Agency Sales Manager, an AIT must learn to solicit, quote, and bind coverage to help customers manage their unique insurance and financial needs. Incumbents will learn to build and cultivate long-term customer relationships with the goal of providing the highest level of service and customer satisfaction. The term of employment for an AIT is typically six to twelve months but will not regularly exceed twenty-four months. But, an AIT is an "at will" employee who may be terminated at any time.
- Sales Skill Development (70%)
- Actively develops and applies techniques, best practices, and recommended strategies to drive sales.
- Participates in established sales-related development activities.
- Solicits available insurance products to new and existing clients.
- Conducts comparisons to other insurers/policies.
- Calculates and quotes policy premiums.
- Makes suitable recommendations on policy coverages and options, closes sales, and processes applications in an accurate manner.
- Maintains an active awareness of current products / coverages offered, and underwriting rules. Must also be aware of state insurance regulations.
- Analyzes information such as motor vehicle reports, credit reports, applications, risk, etc., to accept or reject new business.
- Tracks daily sales activity and keeps management apprised of sales activity on an ongoing basis.
- Customer Service Skill Development (30%)
- Actively develops and applies techniques, best practices, and recommended strategies to enhance the customer experience.
- Participates in established customer service development activities.
- Projects and promotes a favorable image of American Family Insurance to enhance public attitudes regarding company products and services.
- Maintains compliance with Do-Not-Call regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assists customers with account changes.
- Responds appropriately to customer claim situations.
- Deals with customers in a fair and ethical manner.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Business Acumen
- Entrepreneurial Orientation
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Prior to appointment, must have the appropriate insurance licenses as required to do business with American Family for the resident state that is supported.
- Acceptable credit history, driving record and criminal history.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of insurance industry, insurance terminology, and insurance concepts.
- Demonstrated experience communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service environment.
- Demonstrated experience working independently to plan, set priorities and organize work.
- This position requires travel up to 75% of the time.