This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Information Technology
Job Classification: Contract
Title : Release Engineer
Terms : 6 month contract (potential to convert to a FTE)
Target Compensation : $50-70
Location : Foster City, CA (free shuttle available from Millbrae BART and downtown San Francisco)
Target Start Date : 7/23/2012
Company Size : 10,000 + globally
Industry : global payments technology company
The Release and Configuration Management Engineer will be part of the Engineering Release Management team responsible for ensuring reproducibility and traceability of our deliverables. The team maintains the systems and owns related processes to ensure high quality of delivery standards. The Release and Configuration Management Engineer will handle the daily responsibilities supporting the release needs of agile scrum teams. These tasks include configuration identification, change management, build and release management, version control, and source code auditing/reporting. The SCM Engineer will establish working relationships with one or more teams, providing assistance through the development cycle for any required changes to the build/release/version-control processes required to get a product released into test and production environments.
- Handle the daily responsibilities of supporting the build and release needs of agile scrum teams.
- Assist in scheduling and implementing changes to the build / release / version-control processes required to enforce and apply build and release engineering best practices
- Provide guidance to cross-team and team members in release best practices and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very good attention to detail, someone who takes ownership and pride in all work
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle
- Must be able to occasionally work off-hours to support production releases
These are the basic requirements for this role
- Demonstrable written and oral communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in release and configuration management roles
- Build and troubleshoot build issues in java applications
- Strong in Maven/Nexus
- Linux and Shell Scripting and Automation
- Software version control systems (AccuRev, or Subversion, ClearCase, Perforce Accurev is a big plus)
- Knowledge of RCM concepts (codelines, branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.)
- Continuous Integration/build automation tools (Anthill, BuildForge, CruiseControl, AntHill Pro is a big plus)
- Process oriented
- Experience with Unix operating system (Linux, Solaris, AIX, etc)
- Exposure web large web deployments
- Scripting: Perl, bash, Python
- Experience with Java web environments (Websphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat)
At least some of these are required. All of these would be nice-to-have.
- Experience as a programmer
- Exposure to agile methods (scrum, sprints, continuous integration)
If you may be interested in this position or have any questions, please email or call me directly. We can offer full benefits to include health care, PTO and training. We have many other open positions as well so please submit a resume if you have interest in working with us.
Join TEKsystems® and get your career on the fast track. As the leading technology staffing and services firm, we are passionate about deploying high-caliber IT and communications expertise. To satisfy our constant need for expertise, we actively seek talented Technical Professionals with all levels of information technology and communications skills. TEKsystems knows that every professional has different needs, so we'll work together to determine a suitable benefits package. We offer options to our Technical Professionals that could include: a health plan, 401k, provisions for vacation and holiday pay, and technical and professional training. With a foundation as the nation's largest IT staffing firm, we've become a billion-dollar services company by blending superior client service with an unrivaled ability to source and manage talent to precise specifications, resulting in successful technology executions. Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. M/F/D/V
- Linux, Java, Maven, Subversion, Perforce