This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Business Development, Distribution - Shipping, Consultant, Inventory, Strategy - Planning
Distribution Business Process Consultant/Implementation Consultant
This is a billable position, responsible for all on-site consulting and training engagements for new and existing users of the company's enterprise software applications throughout North America. This role is responsible for on-site training & consulting for new system users and for performing training and consulting for existing users of Epicor Eclipse.
Assist customers in the implementation of the Epicor Eclipse ERP product
• Perform analysis of business, technology and operational processes/systems in order to improve clients operations, including the evaluation of current state, anticipated future state and gap analysis
• Train new users on Epicor's enterprise software application(s) on-site and consult on best business practices fitting their company's needs to our software. Consult with existing users on-site to enhance utilization of the software and to increase customers' operational efficiencies.
• Develop customer relationships, generate leads and work with sales team
• Provide written internal reports documenting customer engagements as well as formal reports to customers identifying areas of improvement and outlining recommendations
• Engage in continuous education of the distribution industry and Epicor's software applications
• Collaborate with business users, technical experts, and end users to ensuring business/customer satisfaction with services and products
• Responsible for maintaining billable utilization targets and high customer satisfaction
• Overnight travel minimum 70%
• Must possess a valid driver's license
Bachelors degree (Business, MIS, IS, Education or related field), Distribution, Operations, Logistics, Business, MIS, IS
• 5+ years consulting, business application training or customer support experience in the software industry required.
• Solid understanding of wholesale distribution including strong knowledge of general business processes such as accounting, inventory management, and order processing required.
• Must have strong analytical, written, and verbal skills with ability to work directly with and effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management with varying degrees of business and technical experience
• Effective oral and communication skills
• Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking, in proactively intiating assistance, organized and attentive to detail
• Experience as a member of multidiscipline, high performance work teams/groups
• Flexibility to adapt to frequent change and the ability to work well under time constraints and pressure
• Ability to develop work products in support of project work, e.g., standard operating procedures, use cases, process matrices, etc .
• Ability to multi-task, meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment; and work independently.
• Experience with enterprise, CRM, supply chain or related applications desired
• Knowledge of Epicor Eclipse enterprise application preferred
• Effective teaching, excellent verbal/written communication skills and PC skills required