This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Health Care, Nurse
REGISTERED NURSE / RN - Specialty & Non Specialty
Registered Nurses, both specialty and non specialty, are an essential and integral part of our southern Orange County nursing per Diem/contract team. We are seeking dedicated experienced nurses that are passionate about working in the field, competitive compensation available for qualified candidates.
Registered Nurse Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides care as defined within the scope of the state’s nurse practice act.
- If directed by the Director of Nursing, makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the client’s nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions, keeping the Director of Nurses updated on the revisions.
- Provides those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes and summaries of care.
- Informs the Director of Nursing, physician and other personnel of changes in the patient’s condition and needs.
- Counsels the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Administers agency policies and procedures.
- Assists the Director of Nursing with assessing the competency of clinical staff to promote quality, continuity and safety of a client’s care.
- Supervises, educates and coaches other nursing personnel, as directed by the Director of Nursing.
- Provide information to be used for statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws
- Identifies and participates in agency performance improvement activities.
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home health care. Shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
- Promotes home health referrals in the health care community.
RN / REGISTERED NURSE
Education and Experience:
- Registered nurse with current unencumbered licensure to practice professional nursing in the state in which the care is being provided.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Must have graduated from a National League of Nursing accredited program.
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience required. Three (3) to five (5) years of clinical experience with one (1) year experience in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, preferred.
- Possess exceptional nursing assessment skills
- Comply with accepted professional standards of practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytic/Critical thinker.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal tactfully with clients, staff and community.
- Treat clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image.
- Case management skills are a plus
- Ability to travel on a daily basis including weekends, nights and holidays
- Understands regulatory compliance
- State requirement for the franchise location
- Federal regulations including but not limited to OSHA, HIPAA
Careerbuilder Related Keywords: R.N., RN, registered nurse, nursing, er, emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrics, pediatrics, intensive care unit, ICU, I.C.U., E.R., Home Care, Home Health, Homecare, Hospice, LPN, LVN, healthcare, health care