This job has been closed, and is no longer taking applications.
Categories: Health Care, Hospitality - Hotel, Facilities
Our successful collaborations with leading healthcare organizations have resulted in a proven record of performance that includes increased patient, employee and visitor satisfaction; improved employee morale and retention; enhanced operational efficiency and service excellence. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, as the industry leader in FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies," and as one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines.
Click here to experience ARAMARK
The Environmental Services Director will be responsible for the Housekeeping Program at Palomar Medical Center West in Escondido, CA.
• Direct the housekeeping operations of the facility including the surrounding medical office buildings to maintain the highest possible standards, good public relations with all people concerns.
• Manage the hiring, evaluation and disciplining of housekeeping employees; prepare work schedules and maintain adequate staffing.
• Instill in the facility; leadership, a feeling of complete trust, security, and satisfaction through demonstrations of competence and willingness to serve.
• Inspect cleanliness of facility, sanitation and infection control; take corrective action where necessary.
• Provide supportive leadership
• Seek to establish the highest possible public relations with facility personnel.
• All departmental spaces to include supply areas, housekeeping supply, and administrative spaces are to be kept in accordance with the ARAMARK and the facility standards of cleanliness and appearance; all equipment clean, labeled and kept in good repair.
• Encourage personal growth of all personnel responsible to the manager through periodic evaluation and review.
• Develop a stable, competent work force through proper screening of all applicants and proper training through supervisory personnel.
• Control the following costs for all departments; order supplies, check shipments, conduct inventories; monitor supply usage for appropriateness and efficiency.
• Maintain all controls for each of the Aramark programs, to include: Plant Operations Logs, Operating Records, Housekeeping Records, Account Records, Weekly Inspections, Monthly Summary, Monthly Joint Review Meetings, Daily Hour Control, Safety and Systems, etc., in accordance with Aramark and the facility's directives.
• Pursue professional growth through self-education, professional affiliations, and on-the-job training.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred with requisite management/supervisory experience within an facility services/housekeeping environment.
• Minimum (3-5) three - five years management experience must be in a healthcare/medical facility environment.
• Will be skilled in directing and motivating the staff of both managers and hourly associates; have knowledge of infection control techniques.
• Provide effective verbal and written communication skills, having the ability to work well with others at all levels.
• Full knowledge of pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that applies to the clinical equipment in their area.
• Must have detailed organization and prioritizing skills with the ability to train; teach, show and follow-up on all assignments, when necessary.
• Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Can interpret and follow technical instructions and complete assignments timely; showing a sense of urgency.
• Strong computer skills are a must.